Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm getting the sense that...Day5

The sense that I'm going to write about today is the final one of the five, smell. I spent the whole day trying to figure out what the smell of locations where I normally am not aware of the smell, smell like. It turned out to be a very hard task, as there is really no smell to be found in locations such as this. But finally I came to the conclusion that the smells of these types of places are more akin to a clean, sterile smell. This made me ponder how we have gotten so used to smells like this that we actually don't pay attention to them anymore. I began to wonder what a person from say 100 years ago would think of the smells of any one of these places since most locations back then didn't have this sterile property to them, and vice-versa, what would we think of the smells of locations back then with our senses of smell that are so used to things smelling good?

No comments: