Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm getting the sense that...Day3

The sense that I am going to write about today is sight. The whole day went along as usual, and I was searching for something of note to use for my experience with sight for the day. It took basically the entire day until I had picked up my kids, fed them, and was taking them for a walk around my neighborhood to let them burn off some steam before their bedtime. Then it hit me, as we were walking down the sidewalk, my daughter Kendra was forging ahead like she always does when I called to her to wait for me so she doesn't get too far ahead. When she stopped and turned back to look at me, the image of her standing there with the sun going down behind her struck me in a way that I can't really describe. But it certainly was a special moment for me and I will remember it for a long time to come.

No comments: