Monday, October 6, 2008

I'm getting the sense that...Day4

The next sense that I am going to write about is touch. It actually came to me pretty early in the day this time. It happened after I had fed my daughters lunch, and they were running around and playing while I was getting to the task of cleaning up after them as I have done a million times before. It hit me when I was wiping off their highchairs, and the remnants of their food were hitting the skin on my hand. Normally I just clean up the mess and don't give it a second thought, but it just hit me that, "You know, this is kind of disgusting." They had eaten bananas and sandwiches, but it was really the bananas that made that thought go home. It's funny that when you clean up after your kids it's just part of the day, you get so used to cleaning up nasty messes that you tend to forget that sometimes the mess is kind of gross.

No comments: