Monday, September 8, 2008

The Egg Experience


This is the story of how an egg changed the way I look upon the world. It began when I recieved an egg at the end of class. It's name was Roy, I found out, and soon enough we were the best of friends. I felt that he was making incredible progress growing as fast as he was, and so after twenty minutes I felt it was time for Roy to leave the nest. So I placed him on a window seal and went to class eagerly anticipating the stories Roy would tell me once I returned. However, when I came back, Roy was on his death bed. It seems that he couldn't take life without me sitting there on the window seal, and so he began to contemplate what drove Humpty Dumpty to leap to his demise from that wall he sat upon, much as Roy was now doing. This train of thinking turned out to be too much for Roy, and so he finally decided to follow the path of Humpty, and end his suffering. This he told me before he faded away, shortly after I came back from class.

No comments: