Monday, September 8, 2008

Bible Dipping

My experience with bible dipping came from a book that I haven't read in a while called, "Snow Crash," a book about a crazy futuristic world. The page that I happened to open was about the Deliverator, specifically about his car, which apparantly has enough horsepower to launch a pound of bacon to the moon. I began to ponder that thought, what amount of force would it take to lauch a pound of bacon to the moon, and why would one do such a thing in the first place? Could it be that there are people who still believe that there are lifeforms on the moon, perhaps the famed man on the moon himself, and that they would like a pound of bacon every once in a while? Or is it deeper than that, maybe these people who most would deem crazy know something that I do not, that there really is a man on the moon, and we must blast a pound of bacon his way every so often to avoid his rath? I don't know the answers to these questions, but I know that every time I look at the moon my mind begins to wander along these lines and suddenly I feel the craving for some bacon.

No comments: