Monday, November 17, 2008

Grave of the Fireflies

The feeling that I got from watching the movie, "Grave of the Fireflies," was a rather depressing one. That being mainly because of the story of the two children in the movie, and the fact that their story was most likely not the only one of its kind in Japan during that time. However, I did find some nice points to dwell on after thinking further about the movie, such as the love that the brother had for his sister, and how hard he tried to take care of her. Of course this becomes sad if one considers the outcome and how futile all of his efforts were in the end, but if one sticks with the main body of the movie, then at least a little cheer can be retained. But I am happy that I have had the chance to see this movie, since it gave me a perspective on the whole situation of the later parts of WWII that I didn't have before.

No comments: